Tuesday November 8, 2016 – Grand Rapids, MI
Does your child or one you know, have dreams of being racing’s next superstar? Has your child or one you know, overcome illness or injury through the care of Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital? If you answered yes to both, we want to hear from you!
RacingAwareness.com announced today, the addition of a fourth car for the 2017 season at the Berlin Raceway. The fourth RA car will be a Mini Wedge to be driven by a child, selected by RacingAwareness.com, that has an affiliation to Helen Devos Children’s Hospital. The entire RA family is thrilled about this new addition to the team, and looks forward to welcoming this young boy or girl and their family.
The Mini Wedge division (Mini Wedge Racing) is a new addition to the Berlin Raceway line up in 2017, racing on a portion of the front stretch in front of the main grandstands. RA will be providing, at minimum, a brand new Mini Wedge race car and trailer to the driver and their family. Mini Wedge racing does not require a Sprint Cup Series Crew Chief or crew, just a child that wants to race and a parent or guardian that is dedicated to supporting the pursuit of their child’s dream.
The racing window of opportunity is now open! RacingAwareness.com is now accepting applications through Friday November 25 at noon EST, for young people interested in driving the RA 97L Mini Wedge in 2017.
Interested parties, please send an email to RacingAwareness97@gmail.com and include the following mandatory pieces of information.
Parent / Guardian’s information:
- First and last name
- Primary phone number
- Primary email address
- First and last name;
- Grade for the 2016-17 school year;
- Provide detail on any motorized experience, please be as specific as possible;
- Please provide a brief description of the child’s affiliation to Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital;
- Learn more about what to expect by visiting Mini Wedge Racing
- Child must have an affiliation to Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
- Child must be between the age of 6 to 12 years old
- Motorized experience; dirtbikes, ATV, go carts, helpful but not required.
- Mini Wedge and trailer are the proerity of RacingAwareness.com
- Safety gear, helmet and suit provided by the driver and family
- Car maintained by the driver and family
- 2017 Berlin Raceway schedule has not yet been released.